Sunday, February 1, 2009

A quick weekend project--McCalls 5241














I bought this pattern McCalls 5241 awhile back during one of Hancock's $0.99 (or $1.99) pattern sales. I've been wanting one of these cardigan wraps for about a year but I wanted to make one---not buy one. I am in the middle of making my first item for Spring and hit a standstill until I can get some notions I need, so I decided to make this. The description says it is a 1 hour project---I think it took me that long to get the sleeves in--but it is quick. I made View B.



The fabric I used is a cotton tube knit in heather gray from Vogue Fabrics:













Here it is on Lady Burgundy, my dress form:
Front
























Back









4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Very Nice Job!

Shannon said...

Hi, Rachel. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Your wrap looks great and I love your BWOF twist dress! Cute kitty, too!

Julia said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I love your wrap. I may just have to have one of those! I've been trying to comment on your post all afternoon and the powers that be have not let me get through. I hope it works this tim.

Julia said...

Thank you for following my blog.