Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hancock's Rant

I will probably take this post down later after I think about it, but I am just ticked off and need to vent. A couple of weeks ago, Hancock's had a 99 cent (or maybe) it was $1.99 on their McCall's patterns. I went to get several of the new patterns that had come out, and they did not have them. WHAT?!?!?! I drove 1 hr, 10 min to get there as that is the closest Hancock's to me. Although I love my small town, I live in podunksville---we don't even have a movie theater. Well, beginning tomorrow, McCalls and Simplicity will be on sale for 99 cent and $1.99 respectively. There are 6 McCalls I want and one Simplicity. I live about an 1 hr, 10 min away from my nearest Hancock Fabrics, so I just called them on the phone and explained to them that because I live a distance away, could they go and look to see if they have these pattern numbers before I drive all the way over there. The CS Rep said that everyone was cutting fabric and could not go look, so I should call back tonight and someone might be able to go look. WHAT?!?!?! Don't you think she should have said that when she gets a chance she will go look and call me back? It is not a long distance call. She was nice, but just not very helpful. GRRRRRRR!!!!! It almost makes me want to just order online and forget the hassle, except that they are so much more expensive. Whew---thanks for listening. I feel better.

7 comments:

Meg said...

You just rant away!!! I'm a HUGE ranter, and I'm totally feeling your pain!! In general I'm not a real fan of Hancocks... Every time they have a pattern "sale", they never have anything good and their fabric is of very low quality.

If I was you I'd buy online. By the way, I'm pretty sure mcCalls has a buy 1 get 2 free thing on at the moment.

Erica B. said...

That happened to me also when Hancocks had the Vogue sale and the new Spring patterns weren't in stock. I was not happy and I only live around 3 miles away, so I can only imagine how upset you were.

Tanya said...

I understand, customer service is dead. You need to have a sewing buddy that lives near Hancock who wouldn't mind picking them up for you and mailing them. I'd be happy to do it for you, you could pay once you get them, I don't think you'd skip out on .99 patterns.

knitmachinequeen said...

Ranting is sometimes a good thing. Don't get me started on customer service though!

Faye Lewis said...

Same here in Georgia. Rarely do they have the new patterns at the time of sale.

Julia said...

I wish there was a Hancock's near me. There used to be two, but they closed. The nearest Joann's is an hour away. I don't get it. There are lots of us sewers out there!! There should be more competition. If so, the stores that are in existence would be better: maybe. I've been to an AWFUL Joann's in Mass. though. The worst I've seen of any kind of fabric store.

Lindsay T said...

Too funny; go read my Jo-Ann's rant post that I put up yesterday.