Saturday, March 28, 2009

I've been knitting


I have wanted to learn to knit for a very long time. I have been watching videos on knittinghelp.com and on youtube. Also, I have been watching a DVD called "Knitting Made Easy". I practiced and decided that my first project would be these baby booties. They are far from perfect. You can see a mistake under the word "mistake" in the picture, but I am extremely happy that they even look like booties. I am really excited about learning to knit. Next up is a hat for my husband. I am still sewing furiously working on my Easter dress and on another dress. Reality will hit Monday morning, though, because it is back to work after a week of Spring Break. UGH.

8 comments:

superwoman_4002 said...

YAY for knitting!! :D they look really good for your first project!! congrats!! :D

Julia said...

Ohhhhh! How cute!!! If you hadn't pointed out the mistake no one would ever know it was there! I love these booties!

Meg said...

They are super cute!!!! Well done!!! I tried to learn to knit once... I was soooo bad that my granny gave up on teaching me, LOL!

Tanya said...

Very cute, what is it about crafty people that we insist on showing our mistakes when if you didn't point them out no one would know, I think it helps to keep us humble but you should be very proud, great first attempt project.

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Absolutely adorable! And not an easy project for a first time knitter - I see great things in your future!

Julia said...

I didn't make the puppets, just their wigs. Our church bought them from Puppet Productions. However, I have made some puppets in the past, but no where near as nice as these. I've made animals.

Liana said...

Fantastic! One thing experienced knitters know though, is NOT to point out our mistakes. :) These are so cute.

Tany said...

They are adorable!!!