Monday, March 23, 2009

A Pair of Shorts--McCalls 5391



Pattern Description: MISSES SHORTS IN THREE LENGTHS AND BELT: Shorts have mock fly, slanted pockets, carrier and hem variations; shorts D has belt


Pattern Sizing:I cut a size 14 in View A.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.


Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I loved everything about it.


Fabric Used: Michael Miller Ironworks print.


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:None
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?I am definitely going to make some more shorts with this pattern. I am going to try welt pockets on my next pair.


Conclusion: Easy and great basic shorts pattern. My husband will only tolerate these shorts because they are orange, the color of Auburn, the arch rival of the University of Alabama. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

BeeBee said...

And I thought you made them University of Tennesse ORANGE AND WHITE. I tried these and they were just way to low hung for me. Yours are much cuter than mine were (they were tossed and the pattern for donation, lol)

Julia said...

I'll go with the UT orange and white. Cute shorts!!

Shannon said...

Cute shorts! I like the Quick Sew dress, too. I'll have to look for this one next time I'm at my fabric store.

Julia said...

Our little Emory does have a cute tummy doesn't she. Thanks for you comments.

Handmade said...

Cool shorts - love the fabric!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.