Friday, April 10, 2009

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...Missoni


Pattern: Butterick 5247

I cut a size 8 and graded to a size 10 in the hips by taking a smaller seam. I usually cut a size 10 in knit patterns, but according to the finished measurement, I took a size 8. For this reason, I think the pattern runs a little big.


I sewed view B and it was super easy. I was finished in about 2 hours which is probably a record for me in sewing time. I had been looking for a pattern that would be simple enough to flatter this gorgeous Missoni Sweater Knit I purchased from Fine Fabrics back towards the end of Dec 2008 when they were on sale.


If I can find some more Missoni, I will probably make this pattern again in a shorter tunic version to wear with skinny crop jeans. I definitely recommend it to others. I think it would be a great pattern for someone who has never sewn knits and is wanting a simple pattern to begin with.

12 comments:

Julia said...

Goooorgeous!!! That fabric is luscious!

Susan said...

I've made 2 of these already! Great fabric choice for the pattern.

Erica B. said...

I agree great fabric! Very chic!

Meg said...

I love it! what a gorgeous knit!

gwensews said...

Very pretty. Enjoy wearing your new dress.

Cennetta said...

Cute dress. Love the fabric.

Handmade said...

Great dress - well done!

Aminat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aminat said...

Beauiful dress, great fabric, looks lovely on you..... Enjoy it

Omega said...

Nice dress, it looks great in that fabric & it looks great on you. That's a wonderful pattern!

Gail said...

I have this fabric in green. Still deciding what I want to do with it.

Tany said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!