Sunday, April 19, 2009

More knitting...a hat

I have been doing more knitting. This is Seaman's Cap that I found on ravelry.com. It is my second knitted project. I think I am getting really addicted to knitting. It is so relaxing sitting in from of the TV at night and just knitting away. Unfortunately, I lost count a couple of times and had to recount. I also dropped some stitches a few times and had to pick them back up. My iron is modeling the hat. It is for my husband, but it is still a little wet from blocking, so I didn't ask him to put it on.



I knitted this using Lionbrand Wool Ease in the color Wood. I used a Boye circular needle (interchangeable) from my new Boye Needlemaster Set that I bought using a 50% off coupon at Michael's. I just love it. It is so handy having what you need right there at your disposal. Here is what it looks like.


I did the decrease rounds using double-pointed needles (dpn's). It was sort of like fighting a porcupine to begin with, what with all the points sticking out at you, but it was really fun. I bought them from Amazon. They were a really good deal.
I will post a pic of my Easter dress in a couple of days. I meant to snap a pic of it last Sunday, but I was feeling so terrible that I just changed clothes when I got in from church. I spent the rest of last week dealing with a sinus infection and taking antibiotics. I will dress up my dress form, Lady Burgundy, in it and post it soon.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Very nice. I really like the color. Wood. I like the name of the color. I know I'm odd.

Handmade said...

Yeah, knitting is addictive ... those interchangeable needles look like a great idea!

Tany said...

I love that knitting set!!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.