Wednesday, May 13, 2009

McCall's 5852 - in leftover fabric





Here is McCall's 5852 in some of the yellow rayon fabric I had left over from my Easter Dress. I still have fabric left over. I apologize for the wrinkles, but I wore it and didn't iron it when I put it on my dressform, Lady Burgundy. I took a picture of me in it, but the way I was posed made it look weird, and I didn't want to put it back on and take another pic. I may as well have for all the trouble I had getting it on Lady Burgundy. I think her measurements have gotten a little off with me moving her around.


I only did three rosettes intead of the 4 the pattern called for. I was dreading them, but they really weren't that bad--just alot of handstitching.
I also made the straps long enough to tie at the back of the neck instead of using a closure like the pattern recommended. I knew I would never get that closure positioned correctly. Again, forgive the wrinkles. I wore this with a lt gray slouchy shortsleeved cardigan, white ankle pants, and my snake sandals.




(picture from Alloy.com)


11 comments:

Erica B. said...

That is sooooooo cute! I'm adding this to my list!

Aminat said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, those sandals are so lovely too

Faye Lewis said...

What a gorgeous blouse. I hope I already have that pattern!

gwensews said...

Cute top. Love the roses. Embellishments are very in vogue now. Good job.

Tanya said...

Very cute, love the color.

Linda said...

I love the top! You are definitely getting your money's worth with this fabric. Love the snake sandels too.

Handmade said...

Lovely top - love those roses!

Lindsay T said...

Super cute! The roses make it.

Cennetta said...

Love, love it!

Tany said...

Gorgeous!!! What a great way to put your left over fabric into use!

Brenda said...

Just gorgeous!!! Those rosettes are lovely. A pattern wishlist must.