Thursday, May 28, 2009

Okay, I'm jumping on the bandwagon

Several bloggers I follow have taken the "Word" quiz, so I decided I would. My word is

It means:
You see life as precious, and you wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of.Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to you.While you can't stop war, you try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in your everyday life.You promote harmony and cooperation. You're always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway.
Well, they pegged me. This is 99% me.
There is not much sewing, knitting, or crocheting going on here. I went to Disney World last week on vacation. Then for 2 days I had registration from 8am - 6pm at the college where I teach . We started classes today and I have to go back to teach a night class tonight. However, I chose to only work part-time this summer, so I will be off on Mondays and Fridays and most of Wednesday. I am so excited to have the extra time to hopefully get some extra work done on my three hobbies.
I did get a BWOF pattern cut out and started a crochet project last night. However, I am stuck on one of the row instructions, so I am waiting for some help from my fellow ravelers on Ravelry.
By the way, what's your word?

6 comments:

Julia said...

Peace is an awesome word to describe you. I think we need lots more peace makers in this crazy world.

2BSewing: said...

Congrats on going to Disney. Hoping to get down there one day. I'm having a problem with juggling my hobbies. So far, knitting has taken up most of my time. :)

BTW...I plan on doing a post on knitting mags real soon. Great idea. ;)

Julia said...

Thank you. The bonnet is Simplicity 2908. It has 6 views. The dress is McCall's Easy stitch 'n save M5369. It has a shorter version as a top with shorts and capris. I don't mind at all.
I don't use a pattern straight out very often, but when I do I want to give credit where it belongs. Neither of these is hard to make.

Julia said...

I love getting your comments. Thanks

Lindsay T said...

Hi! Cheapo interfacing is what you buy at Jo-Ann's or Hancock's and ruins your garments because it bubbles up and shrinks your fabric. See if Pam Erny will send you some samples of the quality stuff she sells at sewexciting.blogspot.com. I am not affiliated with her and don't buy from her as I get my stuff in NYC, but she is one of the sources many people rely on for the good stuff. Trust me, there is a HUGE difference.

zippiknits said...

a word about the word. Peace is what I also got. I think it fits me, too.

I really enjoy your blog a lot!