Monday, June 8, 2009

What I've been doing

I haven't been doing much blogging, but I have been very busy. I have several projects going on at the moment--just none that are finished. It bothers me that I have not been blogging, because I am a bit of a perfectionist, and when I take on something I feel I ought to do it right. I also feel that if anyone if following this blog, I am letting them down if I don't contribute regularly. Not that anyone will learn much, because I feel I learn more from all of you than I could ever teach.

I joined the Machine Embroidery Club at the sewing store where I bought got my new Babylock Embroidery machine. We meet one Saturday per month and I went to my first meeting this past Saturday. We made a windowpane tea towel:


The fabric is linen and the windowpane is backed with polyester organza. Here is an upclose of the design and the hemstitching (a la a wing needle and special machine stitch):










hemstitching







I have also been crocheting "Baby's Summer Dress and Hat" in a lavendar Bernat Baby Yarn. I am almost through with the collar:



I am about to knit my first sweater (hopefully) and I am almost finished with the swatch for it. I am using Caron Simply Soft in country peach. If my sweater turns out, I have just the skirt in mind to make to go with it. I am going to be very interested to see what my swatch measurement is. The sweater is St. James. Here is my swatch so far. I have about 8 more rows to go.

I actually did complete BWOF 5-2008-120 and, WHEW!!!, did I ever have problems with it. I will talk about that in my next blog posting. I am not ready to show a pic of it yet because I don't have anything high waisted enough to wear with it, and I can't get it on my dress form. I can put it on but for some reason, it won't go on Lady Burgundy. In my next post, I am going to show it in an outfit with the skirt I am currently cutting out. This is a line drawing of the top:


4 comments:

Meg said...

Wow that tea towel is amazing! you have been busy!

gwensews said...

There's a lot of very nice things an embroidery machine can do. I'm sure you'll enjoy your classes. I LOVE SimplySoft. It is just that--soft. I've made a few sweater/shrugs with it. By the way, we all sometimes fall short with our blogging. There's not always enough hours in the day.

RedCurlGirl said...

your stuff is adorable :)

Faye Lewis said...

Nice work!