The fabric is linen and the windowpane is backed with polyester organza. Here is an upclose of the design and the hemstitching (a la a wing needle and special machine stitch):
I joined the Machine Embroidery Club at the sewing store where I bought got my new Babylock Embroidery machine. We meet one Saturday per month and I went to my first meeting this past Saturday. We made a windowpane tea towel:
I have also been crocheting "Baby's Summer Dress and Hat" in a lavendar Bernat Baby Yarn. I am almost through with the collar:
I am about to knit my first sweater (hopefully) and I am almost finished with the swatch for it. I am using Caron Simply Soft in country peach. If my sweater turns out, I have just the skirt in mind to make to go with it. I am going to be very interested to see what my swatch measurement is. The sweater is St. James. Here is my swatch so far. I have about 8 more rows to go.
I actually did complete BWOF 5-2008-120 and, WHEW!!!, did I ever have problems with it. I will talk about that in my next blog posting. I am not ready to show a pic of it yet because I don't have anything high waisted enough to wear with it, and I can't get it on my dress form. I can put it on but for some reason, it won't go on Lady Burgundy. In my next post, I am going to show it in an outfit with the skirt I am currently cutting out. This is a line drawing of the top: