Saturday, October 17, 2009

A skirt -- McCalls 5523





I am sorry for this abbreviated to the point post today, but I have been so busy that I barely have time to sew, knit, and blog. I want to keep up my blogging and also continue to follow all of you. Maybe things will slow down soon.
Pattern Description: Straight skirt, mid-knee length, has side zipper and faced waistline; skirt A has shaped lower back flounce; skirt B has pleated lower back; skirt C has gathered lower back with self-fabric ruffle; skirt D has two lower back flounces.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 12 in View B.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
loved everything about it.
Fabric Used:
A beautiful teal blue wool blend (80% wool/20% nylon) from fabric.com. For the lining, I used a basic polyester lining fabric from my local fabric store.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:The only alteration I made was that I lined it. I used an invisible zipper.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I may make one of the other view. I highly recommend it.

Conclusion: It will be a great addition to my fall wardrobe. I plan to wear it with a black silk top, gray and white patterned cardigan, and black heels.

12 comments:

Kathi said...

It looks very pretty!
You know, I wish PatternReview would add to the size - size you wear in RTW and size you made. That would really help me when I want to make patterns!

Shannon said...

Love the colour of that skirt! The back view is so interesting - fabulous!

Faye Lewis said...

The color is beautiful and I really love the pleated vent variation.

Trudy Callan said...

Wow! You did an awesome job on this skirt. It is so stylish and color is fabulous, too.

gwensews said...

I love that skirt pattern, especially the detail in the back. Great color!

Gail said...

Great colour and design. Haven't you made this skirt before in tweed?

gold said...

Very cute! I have that same pattern. Now I must give it a try also.

julia said...

I LOVE that skirt!!! I can't wait to see the shoes you'll wear with it!

Lindsay T said...

Nice job! Very RTW.

Karin said...

What a great colour. I think it's a wonderful skirt!

Becca said...

that is a gorgeous skirt and I love the color!

The Rural Socialite said...

I so admire you. I gave up sewing clothes for myself about 5 years ago because I would spend hours on a garment only to find that it didn't fit or that the cut wasn't flattering on my body. I applaud your stick-to-it attitude!