Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vogue 8603 - A Side-Ruched Skirt


I decided I needed a light gray skirt so I used some lt gray suiting fabric that I bought from fabric.com last year. My intention was to knock off a JCrew dress I had seen, but the longer I waited the less I wanted to make the dress. I used Vogue 8603, View A. I cut a size 12 and did not make any alterations in this pattern except to use an invisible zipper. This one went in better than the one for my previous Verite dress.


I lined the skirt. I followed the directions for the lining, but if I had it to do over again, I would cut a lining piece for the lower skirt. Here is how it came out:














side view

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Very pretty skirt. I'm sure you'll wear that a lot!

gwensews said...

That's a lovely, feminine skirt and different from the plain old pencil.

Claudine said...

That is very pretty. Yours looks considerably more desirable than the one on the pattern envelope.

julia said...

i love it! The lines are beautiful and so unique. I hope you enjoy wearing it!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty! I like the rouching (sp?) It will look great... Also, thanks for the comment on my blog (love getting those!)... Can't wait to see what you make, and BTW I am going to buy an obscene amount of patterns too!!!

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

This is such a beautiful skirt! I like it so much better than the pattern picture. Your fabric matches the style in a better way.

NGLaLALa said...

Very nice skirt!

Angela said...

you are so crafty! i haven't even started using my sewing machine =\

daniel john said...

very awesome collection i like it.
Term papers