Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SOS!! Looking for a Vintage Pattern--Vogue 2517


I have become obsessed with finding this vintage Vogue Diane von Furstenberg pattern, Vogue 2517. I stalk ebay and etsy daily for it. It did come up awhile back on ebay, but if was not for "Buy it Now" which is all I do on ebay. I don't bid because I am very competitive and, believe me, readers, I would win!!! I may not have grocery money or be able to pay the electric bill at the end of the month, but I would win!! So, it is just better that I not even start bidding. Do any of you have this in your pattern stash and would be willing to sell it to me? As far as sizing goes, I am a 12 in the current Vogue patterns, so I don't know what that translates to in vintage. However, I would take any size and grade it. Anyone?

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi, Rachel! Kathryn at the blog "I Made This!" made that dress last year. Here is the link: http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/diane-von-furstenberg-pieced-wrap-knit.html

Maybe you could contact her? Good luck!
MB

julia said...

Gorgeous dress! I hope you find it. What kind of fabric are you thinking about using?

selfishseamstress said...

Hi Rachel- is it the pattern you want or the dress? If you don't care too much about having the original pattern, you might be able to modify this pattern and do a colorblocked version:

http://butterick.mccall.com/b5206-products-7474.php?page_id=155

patsijean said...

I would not mind having that pattern myself. It is quite "modern" and "classic" vintage at the same time. Great design.