Saturday, June 5, 2010

Anthropologie knockoff--The Fluttering Pencil Skirt #2

Back in September I sewed a knock off of Anthropologie's Fluttering pencil skirt here. I decided that I needed a summer version. A friend gave me some fabric from her stash--I love free fabric. It is a navy blue polyester blend with raised white dots. It is sort of pique-ish. I used the same technique that I used before which shams at Communing with Fabric did a tutorial on. It works wonderfully. I won't go into it because her details are so great and I would just be repeating what she is describing. I used a basic pencil skirt pattern from Burda--BWOF 10-2008-104 (you will always be BWOF to me!!) I cut the front on a fold and took out the two pleats at the bottom of the skirt back. Then I just proceeded with shams' tutorial.

Here is the original anthropologie skirt:


and here is my knockoff. My skirt buttons are from my mother-in-law's stash. The only money I have in this skirt is in the interfacing, skirt lining, and side zipper.


Here is a side view. My blouse is from JCPenney. I bought it for about $8 last year during one of their huge clearances. You can't make it that cheap.

25 comments:

Julia said...

Soooo sophisticated!!!! You look amazing in the outfit!

shams said...

Another great version of the top, Rachel! You really rock it! :)

Marybeth said...

Beautiful!

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing. It is such a standout skirt. I am impressed with your mad pattern-drafting skills!

Lori said...

This is wonderful.

a little sewing on the side said...

looks so FAB on you! Great job.

Gail said...

You've done a great job with this.

Branka said...

Beautiful skirt, I like your whole outfit.

Karin van D. said...

Lovely, I really like those flounces. Pretty!

Sigrid said...

pretty skirt. the flounces are beautiful and suit you well

Selina said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! totally NEED that skirt! you are so talented!

sisters4saymoreismore.blogspot.com

Amanda S. said...

Another great job of knocking off an expensive garment!

Victoria said...

Lovely skirt! Yet again you're the "Queen of the Knock-Off's"!

Tasia said...

Gorgeous!! Looks fantastic, love the flounce detail!

春樺春樺 said...

若有人問你成功時會不會記得他 試問若你失敗時他會不會記得你 ............................................................

子帆 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。...........................................................................

azure.bleu said...

Hi Rachel, That's an adorable skirt! I saw your comment on another blog and realized you were from south Alabama...I'm from Enterprise and was happy to find someone else in the area. I haven't done much sewing for a long time but I need to get back into it.

Donna

josema said...

金銀愈加磨鍊,愈加光亮,人生愈加考驗,生命愈加光輝。 ............................................................

adkinsra said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆..................................................

Rebecca said...

Thanks for "Following" me! I have been looking through your past posts and you have the most amazing taste in clothes. Some of the things you made are amazing. I hope to be as inventive with my "frankenpatterning" as you are!

Madeline P said...

oohhh, i luurrve this pattern. it looks just as great in this fabric as the last version.

Original Mischief said...

Rachel, I LOVE this skirt! Are you able to do a pattern to share? Am now following you because you are awesome! Monique xx

blog | originalmischief.blogspot.com

Cennetta said...

Beautiful. Love, love it.

小米 said...

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat...................................................................

Sew Much Ado said...

That's awesome! That was the next skirt I want to make, so I'm so excited to see your's!