Thursday, December 9, 2010

Burda 4-2010-125--Boucle Skirt

Back several months ago when Fabric.com put their Vera Wang Lavendar label fabric on sale for $1.95 a yard, I bought this piece of Wool Blend Tweed Boucle.  It is descrbed as being teal in color, but it is more of a green.    I love the color green.  I debated over what to make with it and I finally decided to make a the skirt Burda 4-2010-125.  I would link you to the line drawing, but I no longer know how to get to them since Burda "improved" their website.  AHEM!!!  Anyway, I digress.
Here is the fabric:
The skirt was very simple to sew.  I didn't pay much attention to the instructions because, well, it is Burda we are talking about.  Also, I have made plenty of skirts.  I lined it in a basic hunter green polyester.  I think the fabric may be a little heavy to support the pleats on the back hem, but I like them anyway.  I omitted the bow that the pattern called for.  I love bows, but I just thought the material might be a little heavy for it.

Front View 


Back View
Inside with lining

Shoe and tights closeup


Here is how I wore the outfit to work today.

Rosette Merona cardigan:  Target
Blouse:  JCrew "Frances" Cami (on sale)
Tights: Modcloth
Shoes:  Gap

I have pretty much abandoned making pants for awhile.  I just don't enjoy doing it enough to deal with the fitting issues.  I really don't have a big problem finding RTW pants to fit, so that is probably the reason I am not real motivated.  Right now I am working on a jacket out of some leftover plaid suiting from my stash and next I plan to make a Chanel-eque jacket out of the remaining material from my skirt.  I think I have enough.  I am not generally a suit person beacause I like to mix my clothing pieces up a little more, but I think my skirt is calling out for a matching jacket.  What do you think?

6 comments:

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

I bought 3 yards of this fabric! It's still in my stash. I may use it this spring.

I think a jacket would work well with your sweet skirt - perhaps a simpke one with a peter pan collar.

M said...

Lovely skirt, I've been meaning to make that but haven't managed to find the time yet...

As to Burdas "improvement", the German site hasn't improved quite as much, you can still find older issues here:

http://www.burdastyle.de/magazine/archiv/

Karin van D. said...

I think a jacket in this fabric would look lovely in combination with the skirt.

Cute shoes by the way!

Eugenia said...

Great skirt - and that fabric certainly is beautiful - I love the colour! A matching jacket would be fabulous.

thepreppyprincess said...

Love-love-love the fabric and the skirt you made, what an elegant look! I have never used a Burda pattern for anything other than accessories, pillows, etc.. You did an awesome job, and I'm with the others on "a tisket, a tasket, make a matching jacket!"

Smiles at you,
tp

Tiffany said...

That is such a cute skirt! I love it!