I ordered the pattern as soon as it became available on Sewaholic.net. When Tasia started a Sew-Along (note my badge in the upper right hand corner) it was just the motivation I needed. Sewaholic describes the dress as being designed for a pear-shaped figure. I apparently don't have a pear shaped figure, because had to take out alot on the front bodice. Or, does that mean I am extremely pear shaped? I made my muslin of the bodice, and ended up having to slice out quite a bit. I would have thought that I needed to go to a smaller size except for the fact that the back bodice was perfect without any alterations. Here is a pic of my bodice muslin. On the right side I have drawn in the dart that I sliced out of the bodice.
You will notice several other colors of markers. That is because it took me several attempts to get it just right. The next pic is the bodice pattern piece with the extra folded out.
I also had to scoop into a 7/8" seam on the front center bodice seam to take out some fullness as well as taper from 5/8" out to 1/2" seam allowance at the side seams from about bust level to the underarm. All in all, I think I got a pretty good fit.
I used some wonderful cotton lawn bought from DenverFabrics.com.
Here are pics of the dress:
shoes: Paris Hilton Senorita pumps (last years birthday gift)
pink jewelry: local store
If you notice, I need to straighten my straps a little better on the back, but I was in such a hurry to take this pic before going to church, I didn't think to check. However, I did check before walking out the door :)
Until next time....Happy Sewing!!