Friday, March 9, 2012

S2560 - Missoni-esque Cardigan

A few months ago I spotted a gorgeous sweater knit at fabric.com while I was perusing the fabric.com website.    I love sweater knits and don't sew with them nearly enough.  Part of the reason is that I live in hot, south Alabama where we have not even really had a winter this season.  When I saw this beauty, though, I had to get it.  I love Missoni prints.  I assume that many of you are familiar with them, but, if not, they are famous for their unique zig zag print clothing.  Here are some of their pieces:
net-a-porter.com
net-a-porter.com
net-a-porter.com
mytheresa.com
 I even made a dress out of some real Missoni fabric that I got on sale about 2 years ago.  When I saw this fabric.com fabric, I just could not resist its Missoni look or its lovely pink, brown, and lime green colors.  I knew immediately that I would use S2560 - View A to make my cardigan.

The construction process was very simple.  I did make one alteration, though.  I omitted the gathering in the back of the cardigan.  I originally included it, but the sweater knit was a little to bulky for it and it looked way to poufy, so I just took it out.  Other than that change, I made it according to the instructions, and it was very easy.  

front


back

Here is my outfit below:



camisole- pattern review here (made before I started blogging)
Leather skirt - anthropologie on deep discount
belt - anthropologie on deep discount
B Markowsky "Sasha" shoes in pink - Christmas present
tights - Forever 21
necklace: JCPenney

For all you shoes lovers out there, here is a better pic of the shoes:
Happy Sewing!!!

10 comments:

MAD14kt said...

Pretty!!!

Nothing but Blue Skies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nothing but Blue Skies said...

Another beautiful piece, Rachel!

That style is perfect for the Missoni print!

Em

Rudy said...

I really loved what you said. nike zoom hyperfuse 2011 is also a good recommendation.Very much advocated.

Vanessa said...

I love your cardigan! It looks great sewn up in that beautiful fabric!

RedHeadShannon said...

Love that fabric. Turned out wonderful. And the shoes you posted are to die for.

meli88a said...

It looks great -- so girly but pulled together with the belt!

Leslie V said...

I have this pattern but I have not used it yet. I just love your version I would never have thought to use that fabric! Your outfit looks great and your shoes are sooo cute!

gwensews said...

Very pretty.

Jessica said...

very missoni-esque indeed! Love your shoes too!