Sunday, July 22, 2012

S3833: Dress with Scallops

I was looking at Pinterest a few weeks back and came across this lovely dress by Lotusgrace with a scalloped hem.  If you throw a ruffle, bow, or scallop on it, I will love it.
Scalloped dress by Lotusgrace
I immediately set about finding some fabric (like I need more) and a pattern that would work.  On Fabric.com, I found this lovely sateen shantung.  One side of it is shiny and the other side is like a silk dupioni.  For this dress, I used royal, tiff blue, and white but I bought some other colors for a future project.
I immediately thought of S3833 because it has the same general shape to it as the Lotusgrace dress and it was in my stash.  
S3833
I left the bodice as it is on this pattern because it already has a curved bottom to it that sort of looks like a scallop.  In order to achieve the scalloped hem, I used this tutorial on Madeira Applique. The madeira applique was not hard---just a little trying of your patience.   The pattern went together very easily with no alterations in fit.  
hem closeup

Happy Sewing!!!

9 comments:

patternpandemonium said...

Pretty colours, you have those scallops perfect too!

Karin said...

The scallops look good and the colours are just like your inspiration picture!

sweetsufos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

How pretty! The scallops are perfect. They definitely "make" the dress.

Rosy said...

Love this dress! Scallops perfect, pastel, impeccably cut ... It has everything to make a girl happy!

tony han said...

Replica Watches / Chanel J12

tony han said...

Cartier Ballon Bleu

Tayyub Khakan said...

So nice and lovely

Meninas de bâton* said...

Just love the dress...