I really don't enjoy putting PDF paper patterns together, but I wanted this jacket so badly that I perservered. I usually end up with some of the lines not matching, but this one went together pretty well. There was one place where I did not line up perfectly, but it was on a curve so I just fudged it a little.
For Burda, the pattern was pretty well-written. I did not have any real trouble deciphering the instructions and it was well-drafted. I made the jacket exactly according to the instructions.
The fabric was a lovely wedgewood blue wool flannel that I bought last year from the Wool Connection. I am absolutely obsessed wool flannel, which is pretty sad, since the temperatures never stay cold enough for long enough where I live for me to really indulge myself in a lot of wool flannel garments. Unfortunately, we are having another warm winter so far in south Alabama with a cold day about once per week.
I knew that my main problem would be finding enough buttons that were all alike. As I recall, the jacket calls for 18 buttons with 6 of those being on the sleeves. I had 14 military buttons that were alike but knew I would not be able to find 4 more. I looked at my local Singer and found 6 smaller buttons that we like the ones I had. They were used on the sleeves. I did not work any buttonholes on the lapel of the jacket since they were really unnecessary and
I was lazy.
I wore this jacket to work in this outfit below. I have been unable to take pictures outside because we have had a number of dreary, cloudy days.
Lt Gray Tights