Wednesday, January 23, 2013

V1013: Simple Lace Top

First, thank you so much for the lovely comments about the passing of my kitty.  



I  have really loved the lace trend that has been everywhere this past year so I decided that I needed a simple lace top to include in some outfits.

The pattern I used was  V1013.  I eliminated the sleeves and added a lining.  The lining method I used was to stitch the neck and stitch the armholes.  Then, pull it through the shoulders and turn it right side out.  At that point, the side seams of the top and lining were stitched with one continuous seam.  I hope that made sense. Here is a tutorial I found on another blog.

The lace fabric which was previously used here and here came from Moodfabrics.com.

I am always afraid of not ordering enough fabric so I usually end up purchasing more than I need. The amount I purchased has certainly served me well having been used in two dresses and now a top.  The lining is a beige polyester I had in my stash.  I did a simple opening at the back of the neck and tied it with ribbon.


There is not much to say about this pattern except that it was very simple, especially with my modifications.  Here is how I wore it.  I see it working well with several different outfits.
Cardigan:  JCrew Jackie in Burgundy
Polka Dot Mint Jeans:  Old Navy
Booties:  JCPenney

Happy Sewing!!

11 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Cute top! Love that it's so versatile!

Meg @ Mood Fabrics said...

Nice work with our fabric!

gwensews said...

That's very pretty. It would be lovely all dressed up with a skirt, or casual with jeans.

meli88a said...

Very cute! I love that fabric.

Karin said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your cat died. Pets mean so much.
This lace top is a great basic. The colour will go with anything. It works well with your colours jeans.

Adrienne said...

Lovely. Makes for one of those "instant gratification" projects. :-)

mkonieczki said...

This is a wonderfully versatile blouse. I really like how you have it styled. I could see wearing this a lot!

Aminat said...

Beautiful, an instant gratification project I need one of that

Pam said...

Love the blouse! I've been wanting to jump on the lace trend and you have inspired me to give it a try!

Peggy said...

great job and I love the mint dot pants!

Reva said...

i am about to reimbark on sewing and am glad you know how to do it so well. i may ask for help!
Reva