Wednesday, February 6, 2013

V8815: Sweater Knit Peplum Top

   First of all, thank you for your supportive comments about my hair situation.  I am going to contact her and talk with her about my hair.
    Last year during one of Fabric.com's clearance sales, I bought a very pretty bubblegum pink sweater  knit.  I had originally intended to make a cardigan from it, but after seeing a couple of reviews on PR with V8815 made from a knit, I decided to use it for my fabric.

V8815
    I normally cut a size 12 for tops, but since V8815 is for a woven, I knew I needed to go down a size.  I cut a size 10 and used some ick-y (is that even a word?) knit that I decided I didn't like for the muslin.  I never muslin a knit, but since this pattern was not originally intended for a knit, I thought it would be a good idea.  After that, I cut into my sweater knit.



front
This project was very easy and the instructions were great.  I bound the neckline in pink bias tape and turned it under.  I was a little concerned about binding in something with no stretch, but it worked out fine.  I also added an exposed zipper on the back.  After trying the sweater on and noting how see through it was, I bought a pink tank to wear under it.



back

Honestly, there is nothing more to say about  this pattern.  I know many of you have sewn it and it is really easy. I highly recommend it.    I have plans to make a non-knit orange lace version of this top very soon.

How I wore it:

Pants:  J Crew Wool bi-stretch Minnies  (on sale)
Burgundy booties: JCPenney
Necklace:  Forever 21

Happy Sewing!!

P.S.  The picture above was taken before my new hair color

13 comments:

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Your top is so pretty made up in that color!

MAD14kt said...

Lovely!

Sharon said...

Great peplum and gorgeous colour.

Crystal said...

I love your new top and the whole outfit is great, as usual. WHY have I never bought myself a pair of booties?!?

Karin said...

It's a beautiful colour. It makes the most out of a simple pattern.

AngelatheCreativeDiva said...

Gorgeous color! Love the fit!

House of Pinheiro said...

Super cute

Aminat said...

Lovely top in great color. I recently made the Newlook version of this top.

Vanessa said...

Very nice!

waikikimum said...

Your top is lovely, I have this pattern but have yet to sew it. I was wanting to use a knit as well so thank you for sharing.

Regina Gee said...

Very pretty top! The color is great.

silvergirl said...

that top is adorable
so jealous of your sewing skills
brett

Jenny said...

Pretty! I really like all the versions of this pattern that I'm seeing, but I just can't see it on me. I'll probably decide I have to have one as soon as it goes OOP or something :-)